Sunday, 1 February 2009

I need a new drug.

I'm a pretty competitive guy. I like seeing how I measure up against other pilots. I like kill-mails, particularly solo ones, where it's just you, me, and your pod.  I guess that's why I have been on the hunt for Laerise. She is semi-touted as a good frigate pilot, that eats up rifters, so my though was that if I killed her, it would be one more notch on my post. Put one step higher than I was before.

I hadn't seen her on much and when she was, I could never find her. Saturday was the first time Laerise and I had been online and in the same system at the same time. I had just logged in, and I figured I'd go out in my suicide claw looking for a fight. I made it to Vard, where I spotted her. I quickly darted back to pick up my rifter.

This was my chance to prove that my rifter fit, and skills were superior in every way. Unfortunately, by the time I had gotten back, she had moved on. I was a bit disappointed, but thats the nature of eve. 

I continued down my normal route in to Ezzara, where there was a member of PIE inc, Laerise's corp, running a minor plex. I warped there, knowing PIE's tend to defend the plexes at all costs. Sure enough a PIE punisher was there to greet me. I burned towards him and went in for the kill. He went down easy. He fit is the same as Laerise, as are all PIE punishers, so my fit and tactic are sound in principle. Now I just have to find her.

During the punisher fight, the Amarr NPC's started shooting me, so I had to leave the plex, with very little armor left, around a fifth. I stupidly ended up at 0 to an obvious planet, where a Pirate rifter showed up. I misclicked, or made some other error, because I didn't warp when I thought I should have, could have been lag, but I doubt it. He caught me, and with a crippled ship, there wasn't much of a chance for me. 

I moved back up to Rens to fit another one, for the eventuality that I'd find Laerise. Reports were in that she was actually in a retribution, So I swapped my Rifter for my Wolf, that had been collecting dust in my hangar.

Never did find her, so I just went back to Ezzara where that plex was, in hopes I would find more amarr to feed my greedy guns. I ran into T 2, the CEO of tribal core, and an ex core-element buddy. We started chatting and I joined his fleet. It ended in a Wolf loss. I was having trouble getting my Eve Voice to work, so I re-logged, when I jumped in after them, there was a fight going on, I couldn't hear commands, as I wasn't in fleet anymore, and just tried to help out, turns out we had been overrun and I should have just ran, but since I didn't, I got caned... Welp.

I was going to call it quits for a while, but I noticed I was almost being booted out of the Top 10 for this week in kills, that simply cannot do. I signed up for a 0.0 roaming op to pad my killboard stats, I won't go into detail, as that really wasnt a FTLOL op, but I will say that we got lots of kills, and made a chicken run through Amarr high sec to get home afterwards. It was a good time.

Later Dz logged in, and I decided it wouldn't be fair to leave him hangin' after I had been out killing all day. So I headed his way in a Rupture. We had a little skirmish in Kamela, and ended up with some nice little kills.

The only one of real note was an Abaddon that was staring down Dame Death. Dame was that pilot that I 1v1'd in my hurricane a week or so ago. He had left the Amarr militia, and was just rolling around Low sec looking for fights.

We opened up coms with him and said if he goes for the abaddon, we'll give him a hand. Well, he agreed, and we came in with the hammer. Down goes an abaddon. 

We a decent day in the end. 

Graveyard:

No comments: