Wednesday, 21 January 2009

This stuff will make you a sexual Ty-ranasaur, just like me.

I signed on around 7:00-ish P.M. last night to look for some quick pew pew before the hockey game a couple hours later.

It started out with me trolling my corp mates about ECM. Even though it saves my ass quite a bit, I feel that it is a bad mechanic, and vastly overpowered at that. So I had this idea to balance it, and decided to tell Kel and Dz my grand plan. In hindsight was a bad idea, as kel flies falcons and dz flies blackbirds all the time. 

It's not worth posting the conversation. So I'll sum up in Internet speak:

Me> ECM sucks!

Kel and Dz> ORLY?

Me> YA RLY!

Kel and Dz> NO WAI!!!

Which then led into a proverbial slap fight with me being all like, "My opinion is law! Only Hitler would use ECM! " 

Dz and Kel were all like, "Godwin's law."

I am the best at trolling.

Anyway.

So Dz had his Typhoon, Kel in a Blackbird, and I was in my Hurricane, affectionately named "Snakes on a Cane." We decided we'd just fuck with the war targets in Kamela, as usual.. 

While Dz was moving his ship around, a Drake undocked from the kamela station. I was sitting on the undock being all like, "Zaduki Sama?" Then the drake locked me. I asked Dz if I should engage. He wasn't even in system at the time, so he wanted me to wait, so he could get into a better position to join in if things went sour. 

Eventually I engaged the drake and we began to slug it out. I was expecting it to be lolpassivefit like every other bait drake, but he was a HAM drake. Which is actually quite formidable. In a straight up slug fest we were pretty close, with me having the edge, so if nothing else happened I would have likely dropped him. I started to get nervous when local started spiking with War Targets. I figured it was a trap and that the Amarr Fleet was about to drop on top of me, but it took them a while to show up. Kel undocked and jammed the drake, as some of the war targets began to show up on the field. When they did arrive, it wasn't insta-pwn. They were disorganized, some docking to get into different ships, and some just sitting their wetting their pants.

A few huginns buzzed around, a nemesis was there too, which kept cloaking and decloaking every few minutes. An Omen and a Maller were there, but one docked and the other just sat there, probably waiting to see what his amarr friends were going to do.

The Drake popped and the Maller re-docked for a while (he came back later)

Then an Apoc Warped in. Dz had docked to drop off some loot, so I sat there and waited. He started shooting me, but he wasn't doing a whole lot of damage. The huginn docked and undocked, so I figured they were going to try and gank me, instead Dz undocked his Phoon again.

Much to our surprise the apoc started shooting the Typhoon. The other huginn warped or cloaked or something. I burned up to the typhoon to get a tackle on him. A Myrmidon Warped in to aid the Apoc, and two Blackbirds showed up.

At this point it was Dz, Kel, and I, fighting an Apoc, Myrm, Huginn, Two Blackbirds and a Nemesis. 

We managed to scare one blackbird off the field pretty quick. Dz was jammed by the other blackbird, while kel managed to jam the Apoc. I finished off the Apoc and targeted the myrm. About this time a Megathron undocked. After about 1 cycle on the Myrm, the blackbird jammed me, So I disengaged the myrm and burned towards the Blackbird. Kel managed to pull a jam off on the Blackbird so when my jam cycle finished I could blast him.

I was all like, "FREEEEDDDOOOOOMMM!" as I blew away the blackbird.

I turned my sites back to the myrm, which Dz had begun to tear apart. It went down pretty quick. Which ended the killing.

This was Kel's fight of great victory. He jammed everything at the perfect time. Including the huginns, since one of them came back mid fight. It's what allowed us to take on this gang of superior numbers. Dz did a good job of keeping his wits about him even when they outnumbered us, and he was jammed. He decided to keep us fighting, which lead to a pretty epic win. 

At their Peak, they fielded a Mega, a Myrm, a Blackbird, a Nemesis, Two huginns, a Punisher and a Maller. The Drake had died before the Fight really started, and the Apoc Died when they only had about 6 on the field. And the other Blackbird warped off at the first sign of trouble.

By the time the Myrm went down, the Mega thought better of engaging us with no ECM support, the Huginns were too scared to get within engage range, and the Nemesis re-cloaked. So we not only killed ships while heavily outnumbered, we held the field. We looted Salvaged and then Smacked in local.

After a few minutes Lyria, an Amarr FC came into system in her Absolution. I undocked to play around. She shot at me, and I was all like, "Tickles!." Local had spiked again with War targets, about 15 or so of them in system now, and with Lyria there, it was likely a more organized amarr gang. 

Dz then undocked in his Phoon, bein' all like, "ME NEXT!" 

Eventually Dz docked again, knowing the odds of a fleet being dropped on us in short order. Lyria was trying to troll us into fighting in local, being all like, "A Cane, phoon and a falcon vs on abso, and you won't fight?"

It was quite obviously one of those 300k Effective HP absolutions, meaning it was just a bait for the fleet. We just smacked in local, laughing at Lyria for thinking kel's blackbird was a falcon. 

"My Blackbird paint is chipping off my falcon...!?"

It makes sense, I am sure the whining in Amarr militia chat reported kel as a falcon, and with the way he was jamming, you'd think he really was.

It was a good time. Dz was commenting on the fight being all like, "See this is why ECM doesn't suck" and I was all like, "THIS IS WHY ECM OVERPOWERED"

In the end, it was a good fight, that involved around 11 different amarr pilots, with at one point us being outnumbered 3-to-1. 

Go team Minmatar!

Graveyard:

No comments: